Thursday 30 January 2014

I fell over!

Unfortunately for you guys reading, there are no funny photos of me falling over. However there is a story to go with it, which my girlfriend is still laughing about and it's been about two weeks since I did it!
 We went to Lyme Park a couple of weeks back to have another look around as we really liked it the first time we went (see my blog about it here). This time however we were less prepared and in fact the place was shut, so we could only wander round the land that it was in. Luckily, this little prison house was only a short walk away so we trekked on over to go have a look. 
On the way back it was a steep downwards bank to get back to the car, and as you can tell from the photos, the weather wasn't pretty and it had been raining for quite a while. Not having the right footwear at all, we waddled our way back down the hill until it got to an extremely steep bit. Being the gentleman that I am, I went first (after Hana made me) and thought the best course of action was to run down it to get it over and done with. It turns out this was not a good idea and I went completely horizontal before sliding to the bottom of the hill, camera still in hand! Luckily for me nothing was broken, all I had was a sore wrist and a bruised ego. Hana decided that she wasn't going to go down this way, which had been her suggestion in the first place, and took the much safer longer route round, whilst I waited soaked in mud. Nevermind!

Here are some of the photos from the day!







Don't forget to enter my competition where you can win one of these for yourself!
 photo giveaway_zpsafcde469.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment