Sunday 12 January 2014

The Liebster Award

So, I was nominated for the Liebster award! It's all about showcasing bloggers with less than 200 followers, and getting them out to more people. Thanks to A Beauty Quark for the nomination!

How does it work?

(I just said this but) The Liebster award is given by bloggers to other bloggers with less than 200 followers. After this you must share eleven facts about yourself. You must link back the blog that nominated you. You must choose ten bloggers to nominate the for the award, link them on the page and notify them. Finally create ten questions for them to answer.


Okay! so here I go, it's gonna be a long one!



So firstly eleven facts about me:
This is the part I was dreading, but here goes.

1. I'm from Halifax in West Yorkshire over here in lovely little England. It's a little town but it's most famous for its bank that is funnily enough called Halifax.

2. I study Ergonomics at Loughborough University. 10 points to anyone who can explain what it is! Well for those who don't know (the majority of you), it's a desing course but involves biology and psychology to help desing for people to make them more efficient and comfortable and safe in their environments. It means I can design anything from an alarm hand to a control room, and in fact I have done!

3. I worked last year for an erconomic consultancy and absolutely loved it, I can't wait to get back to working! As soon as I have finished my degree I am going straight back to a job I already have the offer for! lucky me!

4. I used to play rugby union, the greatest sport there ever is to grace this planet. Sadly I gave it up when I came to university, but hopefully when I am back working I am going to rejoin a team and try to get back in to it.
5. I was in a band when I was younger, I was the drummer. We were pretty popular in our days and even played at places like Manchester Academy and recorded a couple of albums too. Sadly this also had to stop when I came to uni as we were all scattered across the country, but every now and again we do a little gig which is great.

6. I taught myself to play the guitar. It's actually really easy. I mean I am no super star, guitar solo player but I can play most songs I want to play and occasionally write my own, it's a lot nicer to listen to than a drum kit!

7. I have 2 nieces. They're so cute and I try and see them as often as I can but as they live 4 hours drive away it is a little difficult, but it's always great when I see them.

8. I prefer water to any other drink. So much so that I asked for a water bottle for Christmas. It's just so tasty, and cheap!

9. I've been really lucky to travel the majority of Europe with my family when I was younger, and I even went to Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand when I was 16 on a rugby tour for three weeks, it was amazing.

10. I love to drive. Even though at the moment I drive my girlfriend's Ford Ka, I still love it and offer to drive everywhere, which she has no problem with! Sadly, we're getting rid of the car at the end of the month but in August I am going to by my first proper car! And because of the new job and the money I have saved it's going to be a pretty good car, I can't wait!

11. I have some weird OCD moment. Like I have to go back to the car to check it is locked even when I know I have locked it. I have to have the volume of everything on any denomination ending in a 0,2,5 or 8, and only those numbers. I love saving money too, but if I see something that is really cheap I will sometimes buy it, even if I don't technically need it. Pound stores are a nightmare for me as I always end up spending a fortune even though everything is just a pound!

Ok next ten questions set by Nash:

1. If you only had one day left in this world, what would you do?
I'd try see as much of my family and friends as I possibly could. And i'd drive it all in a ferrari or something.

2. Would you rather lick peanut butter off a hobo's foot or have a hobo lick peanut butter off your foot?
I'd rather have it licked off me. Oddest question, but that would definitely be my preferred choice.

3. Who’s your biggest inspiration?
Tough one really. I think my dad has done pretty well for himself considering he couldn't be bothered at school!

4. If you could change one part of your life, what would it be?
I'd change my will to exercise. I used to be fit when I played rugby but since I stopped I just cannot be bothered to exercise and I'd love to get back to being normal.

5. If you could only take on item to a desert island, what would it be?
Erm probably like an axe. It's practical. And if I took like a phone or something it would only die soon!

6. Favourite memory?
That really is so so difficult! i can't actually answer that because as soon as I think of one I remember something else!

7. What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
The first thing I do is check the time to see if I can go back to sleep!

8. If you could be any character from any movie, who would you be and why?
I would totally be ironman. He's rich, cool as anything and has loads of cool gadget and cars.

9. What do you want to do differently in 2014?
do more exercise and eat healthier. I've started on a good start, but so does everybody. Hopefully I'm going to carry it on.

10. If you could be an animal, what would it be and why?
I'd be a monkey I think. Or an elephant. Monkey because it is pretty similar to us and can do all the cool stuff like climbing etc. Elephant because they're huge and their trunk is awesome.

Ok now my questions:

1. What's your favourite place?
2. What do you do for a hobby?
3. What's your favourite possession?
4. What's your favourite song?
5. Where's your favourite place to go on holiday?
6. What do you want to do in the future?
7. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8. What is your favourite animal and why?
9. Who is your favourite celebrity?
10. What is your favourite book?


Right now for my nominations. So I actually struggled to find people under 200 followers in my list of my favourites, so for some of them I have scoured my comments and picked people who were kind enough to comment on my work, hoping this will bring them more followers!

1. Aimee at Dear Harper
2. Lissa at sleepwalking in ny
3. Stephanie at Lattes and Paw Prints
4. Jessi at Jessi's Design
5. Cat at Cat On The Wall
6. Emma at Hmm Maybe
7. Alyson at Starting Over @ the Dirty 30
8. Nat at Nat Bottacin Photography
9. Asia at The Cracked Lens
10. Emma at The Earth through a lens

wow that's a long one!! Now go check out those blogs and see what you can do to get a Liebster Award!
 photo liebster_zpsce3bf795.png

Don't forget to enter my competition where you can win one of these for yourself!
 photo giveaway_zpsafcde469.jpg





2 comments:

  1. I remember posting a comment on this post a few days ago and now I'm not even sure that I really did. anyway, just wondering if there's something off with your commenting system

    hope you have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. & thanks for nominating me in case I really didn't write that comment.

    ReplyDelete